- Gomez, B.J. & Ang, P.M. (2020). Emotional Intelligence 4.0 – The Mother of All Revolutions. In Gurubatham, M.R. (Ed), Advancing Innovation and Sustainable outcomes in International Graduate Education. IGI Global. Manuscript submitted https://www.igi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/4015
- Ang, P.M. & Gomez, B.J. (2020). Knowledge maps to enhance student learning and experience. Presented at The NUBS International Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Jan 2020.
- Ang, P.M. & Gomez, B.J. (2017). Effectiveness of A Preventive Intervention Among Adolescents (in schools): Qualitative Data on The Mentoring Malaysia Programme. Presented at USM-International Conference on Social Sciences 2017
- Gomez, B.J. & Ang, P.M. (2017). Addressing Psychosocial Wellbeing Among Southeast Asian School-going Adolescents: Qualitative Data from A Positive Youth Development Intervention. Manuscript in progress
- Gomez, B.J., & Ang, P.M. (2015). Can Psychosocial Factors impact Youth Future Career and Financial Security. The Global Youth Study. Presented at The Australian Academy of Business Social Sciences APCBSS, Kuala Lumpur
- Ang, P.M., Gomez, B.J., Zaharom N. and Subramaniam G. (2012). Youth Pre-marital Sex & Baby Abandonment: Towards Prevention and Action in Higher Education (Findings from a nationwide study of youth across Malaysia). In Y.L. Koo, S. Munir and K. Sarjit, eds., Sustaining Higher Education Policy through Research, pp 123-134. UiTM Press.
- Gomez, B. J. & Ang, P. M. (2011). Youth Spirituality: The Influence of Parents, Campuses & Youth Aspirations. Malaysian Psychology Conference.
- Ang, P. M., Gomez, B.J. & Coatsworth, J. D. (2010). Key Positive Psychological Dimensions of Adolescent Wellness: Voices of Youth Practitioners in Malaysia. 3rd ASEAN Regional Union of Psychological Societies Congress.
- Greenberg, M., Feinberg, M, Gomez, B.J. & Osgood, W. (2009). Testing a Model of Coalition Functioning and Sustainability. A Comprehensive Study of Pennsylvania Communities That Care. In T. Stockwell, P. Gruenewald, T. Toumbourou & W. Loxley (Eds), Preventing Harmful Substance Use: The Evidence Base for Policy and Practice. England: Wiley.
- Feinberg, M., Gomez, B.J., Puddy, R.W. & Greenberg, M.T. (2008). Validation of an Integrated Web-Based/Technical Assistance Consultant Model. Health Education & Behavior, 35 (1), 9-21.
- Gomez, B.J. & Ang, P.M. (2007). Promoting Positive Youth Development and Creating System-wide Change. Theory Into Practice, 46 (2), 97-104. Cited over 30 times to date.
- Gomez, B.J. (2006, March). Measuring Psychosocial Well-being in Malaysian Adolescents.
- Presented at the Biannual Meeting of the Society for Research on Adolescence, San Francisco, United States.
- Gomez, B.J., Greenberg, M.T. & Feinberg, M. (2005). An evaluation of 20 coalitions under Communities That Care. Prevention Science, 6 (3) 199-202.
- Gomez, B.J., Feinberg, M. & Greenberg, M.T. (2003, June). The readiness of prevention coalitions in a university extension and school partnership project in implementing youth resiliency programs. Presented at the 11th Annual Meeting of the Society for Prevention Research, Washington D.C.
- Gomez, B.J. (2003). Positive Psychological Functioning in Adolescents: Psychological Wellbeing, Positive Youth Development, and Universal school-based prevention programs (research completed for doctoral comps, unpublished)
- Gomez, B.J., Greenberg, M.T. & Feinberg, M. (2002). A Study of 20 Coalitions under Communities That Care. The Communities That Care Recognition Conference, 2002, Hershey, Pennsylvania, attended by The First Lady and Governor of Pennsylvania.
- Gomez, B.J. (1997). Parenting Education: A primary prevention approach in the area of mental and emotional health of parents and children (research completed for MA, unpublished)
- Gomez, B.J. (1997). The response of emotionally wounded children in residential treatment using Animal-Assisted Therapy and traditional non-animal intervention (research completed for MA, unpublished)
- Gomez, B.J. (1994). Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and In-situ Hybridization in the Detection of Human Herpesvirus and its association with Oral Carcinoma (unpublished research thesis)
KEY RESEARCH & GRANTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
- Happy Schools - Social-Emotional Learning within Teaching and the School Environment in Achieving Psychological Readiness for Industry Revolution 4.0. LRGS proposed budget of RM4 million across 4 years. Multi-University collaboration: Gomez (Project Lead), Ang (Nottingham), Krauss (UPM, Hashimah (USM), Greenberg (Penn State U), Coatsworth (Colorado State U), Santiago (Iowa State U), Romeo (Nottingham), Nain (Nottingham), and Loh (HELP). Builds on success of Mentoring Malaysia project with UN in 2006-08. Submitted in 2019 (unsuccessful). Will resubmit in 2020. Promising feedback from MOE.
- Global Youth Study: Youth Optimism, Depression and Career Development (2015-2016). Role: Co-Principle Investigator with Dr Patricia Ang. Grant from University of Nottingham.
- Large-scale school-community collaborative partnerships in mobilizing leaders and selecting empirically-tested prevention programs in addressing adolescent problem behaviors (2000 – 05). Title: Communities That Care and PROSPER. Role: Doctoral Coordinator for Communities That Care at the Prevention Research Center at Pennsylvania State University. Grants: PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency, NIDA.
- Pilot mentoring program addressing adolescent psychosocial wellbeing and distress in schools. Title: Mentoring Malaysia. Role: Principle Investigator. Grants from United Nations, Nestle, Canadian Association of Malaysia (2006- 08). Approval by: Ministry of Education.
- Adolescent psychosocial wellbeing and psychosocial distress in Malaysian schools. Title: Malaysian Child & Adolescent Wellbeing (MCAW) Study. Role: Principle Investigator. Grants from Jacobs Foundation, Search Institute, Bennett Prevention Research Center (2003 – 04). Approval by Ministry of Education.